Wednesday, November 19, 2003

almost a month

since my last post. and i must admit i've been either tied up or just procrastinating.

i've been reading two blogs regularly since i started this jaunt, (not for plagiarism purposes, mind you), but to help me answer my question, 'what can I put in my blog?' you know, that sounded just like plagiarism, so now i'm tempted to add their links just so you can check. *afterthought: i decided to link to one of them after reading this entire post* but anyway, i'm digressing yet again.

one of them was my teacher in college, and a person i do consider a friend. we'd just not encountered each other too much after she left school, and the times we'd see each other were the two-second 'hey!'s in a mall, at a party or at a what-not. she writes well. she relates about work, about things she does, her diet, about missing having a companion. and about friends. typical stuff.

one of them i encountered because she's a third-degree friend person. i've met her, though, and she even had a comment about me not falling under the stereotype of a particular group i was in. anyway, she writes basically about the same things: missing a companion, friends, work, her diet... the same typical stuff. but the second person here writes with such emotion that her posts frequently strike me. because i hardly see someone with such an affecting insight on things such as a choice for life, the awkward stumbling of two people who have shared something that they maybe shouldn't have, even on of-the-day social issues. you can judge her posts as those of a hopeless romantic- at times, maybe i do. and, ultimately, her views are selfish, because she relates everything in her blog to herself (wait a minute, how is that selfish?) but i like her style anyway (probably because i prefer that i write that way myself). i don't really know what it is. i know she doesn't need my sympathy, so i won't have any for her. but my hope is that her idealism does not wane, nor does her life faze her. and my utmost hope is that there are more people like her in this world. they may be rough, they may drink and smoke too much, but, ultimately, the world needs more people like them.

and people like them need more of each other.
Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


My Lakbayan grade is B!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.