Thursday, April 22, 2004

i have no idea what drove me to write this right now, but i guess this is as good a time as any to remind you that i really believe that almost 6 and a half years ago, i felt that i could love a certain girl enough to be my girlfriend, a steady partner, someone who i could share my fears, joys, and most everything in between with.

after 9 months of trying to convince her that i was worth being the same to her, she took her chances with me. i did not realize the consequences of her decision then- that she was scorned by her parents, mocked by her peers, and rejected by one of her other close friends. i have since then realized that, and for that i will be eternally grateful.

just over 5 and a half years after that decision, i want you to know that i still believe my decision was right- that i could love this girl enough to be my partner. in fact, i'm so convinced with my decision that i already am thinking about the future with her- which means it's not just my future, nor hers, but ours.

what further strengthens my convictions are the things she and i have been together- she loved me despite my junkyard car, my overly zealous hormonal advances, my crooked teeth, and some other faults that she still tries to make me change- so that i can be a better man- and some which she accepts- and still loves me despite them. she knows that learning to figure out the difference between what to change and what not to will be hard, but the fact that she is willing to is testament enough to both her devotion and to my notion that maybe i have given back something in return- enough that she still wants to be with me.

because i, for one, am sure that i want to be with her. after the good and bad that she i have been through, at the end of the day, everyday, it's of her face that i dream of. it's she who i've turned to when i had no one else to, and she knows that there are so many things i need and feel i need that only she can give. she has me by a string, yet she comes to my side to hold me and to let me hold her in return.

and i have nothing else to tell her, but thank you. and i love you.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


My Lakbayan grade is B!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.