Tuesday, May 25, 2004

smack on the head

the company sportsfest is coming up, and i decided to sign up for the department basketball team. i figured that, yeah, i'm a decent player, played light scrimmages now and again in college, and heck, i was a varsity player in high school, though not of basketball- but who else would they play pick-up games to pass the time with?

so sign up i did. and last night was the first scrimmage we had. and i was thinking, 'no need for a breather after work, i'll just go right in. i'm sure it'll be all steady running up and down...' and 40 minutes later i was throwing up my dinner on the sidelines after a complete and utter lack of oxygen.

it was a ringing wake up call to me from the heavens that i was terribly out of shape and that i REALLY needed to get some physical activity going in my body. nevermind that i had dinner two hours before i played- if you're really in fine shape, it would not have been a factor at all.

admittedly, having suddenly run without warmups definitely didn't help my cause. my body has a tendency to react quickly and violently to things it doesn't agree with, so i was thankful, in a sense, that i felt sick real fast, and that it was also over quite quickly. my officemates were quite serious at the start, but the jokes were soon filtering in, and i'm sure that by now, everyone has heard of the spectacle i made of myself last night. i've taken everything in stride so far, and i'm already steeling myself for the comments and snickers because, well frankly, i asked for it.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


My Lakbayan grade is B!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.