Monday, June 22, 2009

well, 20 kilometers down.

10 more to go.

i hadn't planned on running twice this trip home; my planned run for my stay here in the city really was for today, but, inspired by last saturday's run, i decided to find out if i could do another 10 kilometers in under an hour.

and, lo and behold, i did. even faster than the last one, in fact, at 58:25. this doesn't really make me a kenyan just yet, but, as i've said, i do it to continually improve myself. frightening, though, how close my time from last saturday was to today's. 13 seconds seems like a lot, but in the scheme of a 10k distance, a lot of small things can happen to make a difference of 13 seconds.

in the meantime, though, my shoes are beginning to feel a little more comfortable. is it possible that i can actually feel a difference between broken-in shoes? i'm not certain, but it sure feels good knowing that my 2 sub-hour 10K runs were actually in these newer (and, to me, currently less comfortable) pair of shoes.

i still have a ways to go. considering that i've said i need just three sub-hour 10Ks, i have no idea where to start training for 15K. another 5K is, frankly, not a walk in the park (excuse the pun), and i look forward to the challenge. having lost a lot of things i've held close this year, i will face this, and the rest of the year's challenges, on my own. but i have faith in myself; for who else better to have faith in, aside from higher powers, than yourself?

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


My Lakbayan grade is B!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.