Wednesday, September 29, 2010

is this how the story ends?

i knew i found my happily ever after.

i have been happy, of course. but what i had was what would make me happy in the face of hardship; happy in the face of sacrifice.

of giving up things now, because this wasn't just about now anymore.

of the plans of building, with what i had worked for and made for myself. it wasn't going to be about myself alone from here on out. and i was more than perfectly fine with that. i was happy.

i wanted it to be happily ever after.

and i still do.

but instead of building, it now seems to be a burning. and i'm trying to douse the little fires, but i don't know where to begin.

i'm giving things up now, but i'm losing certainty of just what i might be giving it up for.

and i'm beginning to think that the sacrifices i've made aren't enough. that i need to make just one more.

so here i am, preparing myself to give up my happily ever after

if it means you getting yours.


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


My Lakbayan grade is B!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.